Download as pdf file here
8700 Wyatt Circle, Argyle, TX 76226
(906) 281 - 77 73
Writer and multimedia producer pursuing full-time position at a news media company. Experience in copywriting, web design, web administration and multimedia methods. Works best as part of a team.
- AP Style Wordpress, Movable Type, PHP, HTML, CSS.
- Microsoft Office: Access, Excel, Word
- Adobe Creative Suite: Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign
Dallas Observer, Dallas, TX Feb 2010 - Present
- Writing weekly pop music posts for blog and reviewing events from various genres in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Granada Theater, Dallas, TX Apr 2012 - Nov 2012
Web Copy Intern
- Managing and Updating blog and administrating site via Wordpress. Applying design principles for web store design
ChowMingle.com, Dallas, TX June 2012 - Aug 2012
- Writing, marketing, copying and officiating web content for, web-based food delivery startup
DFW International Community Alliance, Dallas, TX Aug 2011 -June 2012
- Administering mass email lists and drafting press releases and grant proposals for non-profit organization serving underrepresented groups in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
University of North Texas, Denton, TX Aug 2009 - June 2010
- Conducted literature reviews and organized content for academic research on Internet and Media Law.
- Developed reports and research papers on the subject and participated in research conferences, seminars and workshops.
WMTU 91.9 FM Sep 2008 - May 2009
- Hosted electronic music program "Sietch #9" at college FM radio station consisting of weekly themes
- Assisted in organization for on-campus concerts.
Michigan Tech Lode, Houghton, MI Oct 2007 - May 2009
- Covered international and general interest events in the local area for a campus audience
University of North Texas, Denton, TX 2009 - 2011
Masters of Journalism
- Mayborn Scholar: 2010-2011 school year
- Relevant Coursework: Editing Practices, Narrative Journalism, New Technologies in Journalism
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI 2005 - 2009
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Communication and Culture Studies
- Activities and Societies: Webmaster, International Club, Tech T.E.A.
- Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Journalism, Creative Writing.
- Basic Speaking: Urdu
- Basic Speaking: Mandarin
- Basic Reading: Spanish